Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Conundrum!

The weekends are usually the busiest time for my fun-reading, so it was even more puzzling yesterday that I opted out of reading at all. The reason: I have no idea what book to read next?
Has that ever happened to any of you? Do those “In My Mailbox” or “Mailbox Mondays” ever get out-of-hand? My bookshelf is on the verge of a mutiny – they’re all screaming “Read me next!” and I don’t know which to choose!

My ongoing series at present is the Wardstone Chronicles by Joseph Delaney. I have 2 more books to go before I’ll be finished with them (for the time being) but I kind of want something a little different… Do you guys read all your series-books together or do you space them out? Take Harry Potter for example: did you blaze through them all at once, or did you read other books in between?

If anybody has any reading suggestions I’m all ears! Maybe I need a schedule or something…
For now, I’ve narrowed my options down to these two:


The Spook's Mistake (Wardstone, #5) / Child of the Dark Prophecy (Great Tree of Avalon, #1)

The Avalon series has a funny discovery history - or at least, I think so. A couple weeks ago I was at Borders picking up a couple books I have to read for class and this trilogy just caught my attention. They're pretty big hardbacks, so they were hard to miss. And I'm a sucker for pretty cover designs - I'll admit it! So it's managed to climb to the top of my TBR list even though I've only had it for a couple weeks...and what did I do the other day but go back for the other two! I've got a problem...I can't stop buying books!

I haven't heard much about them at all and I guess that adds to the allure :P Yes, I find books "alluring"! Oh dear!

So that, friendly bloggers, is my current conundrum - what to read next! Hints?! Suggestions?!

2 shout-outs!:

StephTheBookworm said...

I'm extremely familiar with the "what to read next" conundrum. It's just so hard with so many amazing books sitting there waiting to be read!

As far as series, ideally I'd LIKE to read them in order, but it usually doesn't happen that way, especially while you're waiting for the next one to come out. You can only hope you remember what happened in the previous book!

I adore your new header, by the way. I love the sepia tone and simplicity. It's SOOO cute.

Amelia said...

Thank you so much Steph!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit