Sunday, November 28, 2010

have you read ANY of these books?!


Dear fellow reviewers,
I need some major help.
These books are some of my "Friday Finds" but I don't really know that much about them.
Have you read any of these?
If so, what did you think, and would you recommend them?

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight - Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler

Dream Factory - Brad Barkey & Heather Hepler
The Karma Club - Jessica Brody
The Cinderella Society - Kay Cassidy
Cybele's Secret - Juliet Marillier
Once was Lost - Sara Zarr

PLUS...

I'm about to put up a MAJOR RECOMMENDATION PLEASE post for Contemporary Fiction. Yes, it is time for Amelia to branch out and read a different genre. The Dessen books were fun, but I'd like some more, please! Will you all take a moment to recommend your favorite contemps to me later this week?

14 shout-outs!:

Anonymous said...

The Karma Club was a cute read. I thought The Cinderella Society was okay. A great contemp is coing out soon: Anna and the French Kiss!

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I haven't read any of those, so I'm no help there. :(

As for good contemps... I haven't read that many, to be honest. (Wow, I'm oozing with help). But I have read The Duff and Losing Faith and loved both of them. :)

Leanna Elle said...

I am also really looking forward to Anna and the French Kiss - from the reviews I've been reading, I don't think you can go wrong with that one!

I haven't read any of the books you posted here, but I've heard good things about The Cinderella Society.

Stephanie said...

I know Cybele's Secret is a sequel to a book called Wildwood Dancing. I've only Wildwood Dancing, which was I thought was just alright but many others love. Not sure whether it's necessary to read Wildwood Dancing before Cybele's Secret.

As for contemps, I adored The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart.

Lauren said...

I read Once Was Lost. It was pretty religious, and the main character was questioning her faith a lot when a child goes missing. I heard the Cinderella Society was realllly good :)

Brittany said...

The Karma Club sounds great. Happy Reading!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I hear The Karma Club was a lot of fun, but I haven't read any of those. I think my favourite contemp. fiction stories would have to be Wintergirls by LHA (so strange to love such an oddly-written book), The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin, and The Possibility of Sainthood by Donna Freitas :)

The Library Lurker said...

I've read Scrambled Eggs at Midnight and Dream Factory. I would definitely recommend both of them, they're great! I've heard really good things about The Karma Club and it's on my wishlist.

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Awww sorry gal i would love to help but haven't read any let me know what you pick

Unknown said...

Scrambled Eggs At Midnight is AMAZING.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I like Once Was Lost. It is religious and I'm not a religious person, but I once was and I liked the fact that the character was questioning her beliefs. It's a good read.

Liz said...

Alas, the only one of those I read is The Cinderella Society. I LOVED it! It's super cute and I liked the overall message of the story. The one downside, however, is that the m.c., Jess can get a little whiny.

By the way, I love that you are trying to diversify your reading. I love to see other readers giving new genres a try.

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I've actually read four of these so my brief opinions are:

Dream Factory-fine; probably better if you don't love Disney like I do

The Cinderella Society-read a bit like a self-help book (3.5/5)

Cybele's Secret-so good; I feel that Wildwood Dancing should be read first though (4/5)

Once was Lost-really good; I haven't read many YA books that deal with faith so it was an interesting change of pace (4/5)

Jordyn said...

SCRAMBLED EGGS AT MIDNIGHT SCRAMBLED EGGS AT MIDNIGHT!!!! I love this book soooooo much!!!!! REAADD IT. /fangirling

dream factory is not nearly as good -- i found it pretty meh.

once was lost is awesome.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH SCRAMBLED EGS AT MIDNIGHT!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit