Friday, June 24, 2011

IMM!


I actually got books this week - wahoo!
I've put myself on a book buying ban after BEA, but I temporarily lifted it to order Once Every Never. ;)

Bought
Once Every Never - Lesley Livingston
* ordered from Amazon Canada. I used Amazon UK a lot in the past, but I'd never used CA's website till now. I was EXTREMELY surprised at 1) how cheap it was to buy/ship from there, and 2) how **quickly** the book arrived! It came in only 5 days, even though I used the regular standard shipping. And the whole thing only cost around $20.
I'm just impatient and didn't want to wait around for regular old Amazon to put the title up, heehee.

Received for Review
A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
Special thanks to Candlewick!
*Patrick Ness is one of my new favorite authors, and I just finished Monsters of Men, so I can't wait to check this one out as well!

What did everybody else get this week? Anyone else on a strict buying ban?

11 shout-outs!:

Allison said...

I actually just ordered A Monster Calls from Book Depository :) can't wait to read it!

~The Book Pixie said...

Sooo jealous of Once Every Never! Hope you enjoy it!

~Briana :D

Khadija said...

A Monster Calls looks SO good! Hope you enjoy ^-^

http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Patrick Ness is amazing. He just won the Carnegie Medal in the UK--I love seeing deserving authors recognized. I can't wait to read A Monster Calls, too!

BrittLit said...

Can't wait to see what you think of A Monster Calls. That one looks really creepy. Happy Reading!

Alexia561 said...

Nice mailbox! Totally understand you breaking your book buying ban for Once Every Never, as it sounds like a good one! I'm not on a strict ban just in case I can't resist a certain title or two (or three!), but am trying to stick to my budget. Good luck!

Tasha said...

Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them all! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

Oh, Once Every Never? How exciting! Gaaah! I still have to finish the Wondrous Strange series. I've only read the first book...

Have a great week, Amelia!

Emilie said...

Once Every Never was absolutely amazing. I really hope you enjoy it. It gets kind of addicting really fast.

Tynga said...

I LOVED Once Every Never, my review will be up on July 5th ^^ I hope you like it!

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast said...

Once Every Never sounds fab. I never would have thought to order from Amazon in Canada. How did ordering from the UK website work out? There are two books that I can’t find anywhere but there. I’ve seriously considered ordering.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit