Friday, October 21, 2011

What have I been up to?

*taps glass*
Hello, guys! Anybody out there?
I apologize for my extreme absence these few months. I promise that I've been lurking around here, checking out y'all's updates. This new job hasn't really given me a lot of downtime, but I HAVE been able to read a few books!

What I've read

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
Heist Society by Ally Carter
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
and I FINALLY finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone - ahhh!

What I'm currently reading

Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder. For all of you who encouraged me to pick this up, I'm glad you did! So excited to read this one.
The Grimm Legacy - Polly Shulman

What I'm "reading"

as in...what I'm trying desperately to finish, but can't seem to bring myself to pick it up anymore:
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon. I'm sorry, y'all, I'm just having the worst time getting through this... :S

I'll have some reviews up here shortly :)
Don't forget, my giveaway of Tyger Tyger AND In the Forests of the Night is still open!



4 shout-outs!:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Groovy!

So you like the new job?

Christina T said...

Hi Amelia! I hope you are enjoying your new job and that everything is going well.

I remember what it was like trying to fit blogging in when I first started working full time again. I ended up spending my weekends working on my blog (when I was supposed to be catching up on vacuuming and other household chores). I still feel like I don't have enough time.

I can't wait to read your review of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I just bought Poison Study and hope to read it soon. I've been wanting to read it for years even though I already know what happens (I accidentally read the spin off series first).

Jillian said...

I hope you're enjoying your job :)

Liz said...

I hope your new job is going well! I'm sure you are rocking it.

I'm a little sorry to hear you're struggling with The Carrier of the Mark. That one sounds good, but you're the second person I've had tell me that it's nearly impossible to get through.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit