Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Mailbox [1]

This week I have two new books to show off! Can't believe it's going to be a whole week since ALA Midwinter - time sure flies! 
While I don't have 70 new books to show off, I do have two pretty awesome ones that I'm excited to add to my shelves:

For Review
Above World - Jenn Reese 
^ special thanks to Jenn Reese & Candlewick! 

Purchased
Look at this! LOOK! It's the complete Lord of the Rings trilogy in one super-volume! Just how Tolkien would've wanted it. He always intended for the story to be one  [massive] volume, so I just had to add this to my collection (plus it was cheaper than buying each of the three books separately). And it even has a concordance in the back! I don't think I've seen any book, apart from the Bible, that has a concordance. That is LEGIT.
So what did you all get this week?

6 shout-outs!:

Christina T said...

I bought a complete volume back in 2002 or 2003 when the movies were hitting theaters. I love it but it is heavy (to hold) for casual reading or tossing it into a bag to take on a trip. I am thinking of purchasing it on my Kindle too since it is one of my favorite books. What I do like about mine is that it has cover images from the movies. I also love the extra notes. I don't know if mine has a concordance but it does have a timeline and information about what happens after the story ends.

Alyssa Kirk said...

Above World looks exciting! And I can't let my best friend see that Lord o' the Rings. He'd go ape. You def scored!

http://www.teensreadandwrite.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-12812.html?

Alexia561 said...

Nice! I've got a box set of the LOTR paperbacks, but this one looks gorgeous! Enjoy!

YA Book Queen said...

Ooh, I like the look of the big volume of all three books for The Lord of the Rings. Above World looks cool, too!

Happy reading, Amelia! :)

brandisbookmusings said...

Lord of the Rings is one of the series that started me on my bookish ways! That goes on my To Buy list.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I need to find out more about Above World. Great cover.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit