Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Opening up the Suggestion Box: You Recommend STAND-ALONE



Alright everybody! I asked, you answered. Here are (some) of your recommendations for Standalone YA novels. Thanks again to everybody's suggestions! Sometimes finding new books can be overwhelming and it's great to be able to listen to other people's recommendations.


Recommended by Christina, Adriana, Molly (A Dazzling Distraction)

Before I Fall – Lauren Oliver

^ By far this was the most recommended novel. It's not really my cup of tea, but for fans of high school-based stories/realistic fiction, this is one you should check out.


Recommended by Christina

Flygirl – Sherri L. Smith

The Unwritten Rule – Elizabeth Scott

A Match Made in High School – Kristin Walker

Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots – Abby McDonald

The Stolen One – Suzanne Crowley

Twenty Boy Summer – Sarah Ockler

The Season – Sarah Maclean

Beastly – Alex Flinn


Recommended by Adriana

Willow – Julie Hoban

Going Bovine – Libba Bray

Steph the Bookworm

For Keeps – Natasha Friend

Angiegirl

The Sky is Everywhere – Jandy Nelson

This Gorgeous Game – Donna Freitas

Girl in the Arena – Lise Haines


Recommended by AtenRa

A Certain Slant of Light – Laura Whitcomb

Just Listen – Sarah Dessen


Recommended by Juju

Blood and Chocolate


Recommended by Molly (A Dazzling Distraction)

Crazy Beautiful – Lauren Baratz Longsted


Those were just some of the books you mentioned. I had to cut it off at some point, haha, so hopefully I picked your favorites. Thanks again for the responses!


THIS WEEK'S SUGGESTION BOX:

Dystopian novels (preferably YA)


Ready...Set...Start recommending!

7 shout-outs!:

Adriana said...

I don't really like dystopian, but Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien was really good!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I loved The Host :)

I have Maze Runner and Birthmarked waiting to be read.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by far, my favorite YA dystopian novel is The House of the Scorpion.

CHRISTIE said...

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were my first experience with Dystopian. Amazing reads!

I agree with Juju about The Host. Loved it! Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder was good.

Darlyn said...

I never read anything Dystopian!*LOL*But good luck =)

Mandy said...

Hmm lets see. I've liked all of this:
Unwind <3
The Hunger Games series
The Maze Runner
The Uglies trilogy/series
Gone series
Thats all I can think of right now

Rae\ said...

The Hunger Games of *course*
A book I read recently was Epitaph Road. I *think* it was a Dystopian society book.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit