Sunday, October 3, 2010

So long, September!



September was an eXceLLenT month (reading wise...school wise it sucked) because for the first time since June, I was able to read 6 books instead of just 4! Woo-hoo for improvements.

Here are some AWARDS!
Number of Books: 6 (I finished Maze Runner today, but I'm counting it in Sept!)
Favorite Read: Hands down, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. HANDS DOWN.Least Favorite Read: Pastworld by Ian Beck
Most Original Idea or Storyworld: I love the chaotic confusion that goes along with living in some kind of post-apocalyptic maze in The Maze Runner, but as far as originality... I'm going to have to go with the Poe-induced dreamworld of Nevermore
Weirdest/Strangest Idea or Storyworld: the whole premise of Pastworld sounds really cool, but unfortunately, that book was a miasma of weirdness.
Best Narrator/MC: Isobel Lanley from Nevermore is the best narrator...as to main character, would Varen Nethers count? He's my favorite!Best Villain: Cain Soren from the Gone series (representing Hunger and Lies)
Best Love Interest: VAREN NETHERS! I just want him to come over and read "Ulalume" to me :)
Best Supporting Character or Sidekick: Little Chuck from The Maze Runner :)
Author I'd Love to Hang Out With: James Dashner - he seems like a fun dude with a good sense of humor

Final Grades
:
Nevermore
Hunger
Low Red MoonPastworld
-
Review pending
Lies - Review pending
The Maze Runner - Review pending

I know, I stink with all the 'review pending' stuff.

5 shout-outs!:

CHRISTIE said...

Ok, a copy of Nevermore needs to find its way to my house. I have heard nothing but how fabulous it is.

Shy said...

I'm also "stink" when it comes to review writing. It usually takes too long for me to write a review. This is something I hope I can improve someday.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Met James this past weekend. He is a super funny guy!

Great wrap up!

Dazzling Mage said...

Looking forward to your reviews! =)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Great wrap-up, Amelia! I have to agree with your assessment of Low Red Moon. To be honest, I was quite let down by it. :)

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit