Friday, April 22, 2011

5-star Favorite Books!

Occasionally I run this feature called "Memory Lane," where I look back at whatever I was reading approximately one year ago (or sometimes two).
This time, though, I wanted to take a look at all the 5-star "fangirly" reviews I've written in the past twelve months, April-to-now.


The Dark Divine - Bree DespainEyes Like Stars - Lisa MantchevThe Hunger Games - Suzanne CollinsJellicoe Road - Melina MarchettaThe Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick NessNevermore - Kelly CreaghSabriel - Garth NixShiver - Maggie StiefvaterTyger Tyger - Kersten HamiltonUglies - Scott WesterfeldWildwood Dancing - Juliet MarillierWondrous Strange - Lesley Livingston

I guess you could say that these (and some 4-star rated books I've read) are my favorites.
So...yes, I do use the 5-star rating, though the most common rating I give out is 4-star (which is still really good!). Just wanted to showcase these fangirly reviews from the past year.
:)

Food-for-thought-question:
Does rating a book 5 stars mean that you liked every single sentence? Can you still rate a book 5 stars overall, even if there were parts of the plot you wish had been done differently?
Because that's true for me with pretty much all of those...still loved them overall!

5 shout-outs!:

Jessi E. said...

This is really fun to look at! I might do it when I get to a year ... Sounds like a good idea.

Anonymous said...

yes I've rated books 5 stars even if something bugged me or I wish they did something diffrent like 13 to life for example but normally if something really bugs me I dock a star and give it 4 stars instead

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Jellicoe Road!! Loveeeee it... I just read it recently, and I adored it so much. I need to own it, pronto.

Yes, I can give a 5 star to something even if I thought 'well, ___ could have been better' ... but generally 5 stars are ones where I loved a book so much that even if I expected something to happen differently I accept it and love the book so much for the other reasons.

Anonymous said...

I think that in that, books are like people. There are things in them you don't appreciate very much, but you can't help but love them anyway ;)
I've been wanting to read the dark divine for a while now, and now that i know you loved it Im even more anxious

Tales of Whimsy said...

I agree on TDD, Hunger Games, Tyger Tyger and Uglies!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit