Friday, February 12, 2010

Cover Wars [2]



The Book on the Hill's French Friday and Bloody Bookaholic's US vs. UK memes are similar to this one, but whereas they have a specific focus (US & French, or US & British), mine will try to be a little broader in focus! Some times there may be multiple-country editions...

So every week I will try to war the cover design of one series (or stand-alone book) with another to see who the winner is!
- Do you judge a book by its cover [design]?? Well here, ahem, we do!

In honor of the news of Mockingjay, the 3rd in the Hunger Games Trilogy, this week's Cover Wars will feature The Hunger Games!
American & Canadian Covers


Vs. British Covers

Vs. German Covers


Personally, I kind of like the German covers! They look really interesting :)

Which do you like better?

6 shout-outs!:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo I love the super sexy thrilling German covers!

Adriana said...

I like the German ones! They're so pretty, but I think the U.S./Canadian ones fit the book better.

Vicki said...

I like the German covers, I'd probably be more likely to pick them up.But I've just read the synopsis on Amazon (and remembered I had actually heard of these books before) and think the UK and US ones maybe suit the book better and have a broader appeal? I'm going to order them anyway!

Amelia said...

I haven't read them yet, but I can't wait to!
My brothers liked them, and they're dudes - so hopefully they'll be good! We can read them and swap reviews! :D

Unknown said...

They are the BESTEST! You have to read them.

Rae\ said...

German covers Rock! (if only the american covers looked like them)

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit